NIN THEMSELVES post their stuff to Pirate Bay and other P2P sites.

Granted, I think I've heard maybe one of their songs. Still, this is a huge step forward for music artists. If this works, and there's no reason why it shouldn't, this goes a long way to show the RIAA and its ilk just what it's been doing oh so wrong.

And considering the hubbub that the RIAA has been keeping all the "profits" from suing everyone and their grandmother (literally), I think this may be the impetus needed to get rid of them and start using a model that ACTUALLY pays artists. Which... still needs TONS of work. I mean, let's be honest here. If you can get something for free, you'll do it. That is a generalization, but all too true. But I think NIN has the right idea here. I think I'm gonna grab the albm when I get home. If I like it, I'll buy the rest.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We lost one of our cats today.

Investigations

You don't tug on Superman's cape...