Update '08!

        Okay, just a quick note for the weekend. I’ve got the rest of the current “arc” written, which is a really big relief to me. For whatever reason, this particular story has been an utter bear to write. Not sure why, maybe I was just in a slow spot, whatever. Plus, as noted in last Monday’s post, October sucked. But, things are much better now and I’m ahead of things.

        Which to be honest, is great. One of my struggles since I started (aside from, y’know, actually writing and posting) is keeping ahead of my posts. As many podcasters know, you should ALWAYS have a buffer. While I’m not a podcaster, I think this should apply to people like me who post serial fiction. I absolutely love doing this, regardless if anyone is actually reading this, this keeps me writing. Sure, I haven’t always had something written (see last month as an example! ack!), but I’ve always had it in my brain.

        Long term, I’d like to podcast some of this fiction, especially the Adventure, Inc. stories. Though before I even attempt to plan for that, I need to be far more regular on the regular posting. Plus, I’d like to convince a friend of mine to pick up on an Old Time Radio-style show we came up with a couple of years ago.

        I’m not a “new media” person like many podcasters out there, but I see a potential for a revival of stuff in the style of The Shadow, Richard Diamond, Richard Rogue, and others. If you’ve never heard any of these shows, do yourself a favor and look them up. Seriously. Even offline, you’ve seen stuff like “graphic audio” or audio books done full cast.

        While reading is awesome, sometimes listening to an audio drama can be even more immersive. I’ll never stop reading, I love the feel of the book in hand, but you know, audio is great for driving, and beats contemporary radio. At least in my opinion. I could be wrong.

        Anyway, that’s enough rambling for me. Tomorrow, we’ll pick up the story, and go from there. Until then, take care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We lost one of our cats today.

Investigations

You don't tug on Superman's cape...